I have compiled a list of frequently asked questions for your convenience. If you have other questions, feel free to send me a message.
DID YOUR BUSINESS NAME CHANGE?
YES! I am formerly Lunge Line Photography. Now with the new name, it matches ME and my style much better… (I mean, it should… It is my name after all)
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
I am in the St. Louis, MO Metro East area and cover most of the surrounding areas.
WILL YOU TRAVEL?
YES! I would LOVE to travel for your Wedding or for your other photography session needs. We can discuss the traveling fees when you contact me.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
I have found it so important to play an active role in what my clients choose to wear. Here are a few suggestions that everyone should follow.
- Don’t wear shirts that have logos, cartoon characters, or crazy graphics on them. If your child’s favorite shirt has a picture of Elmo on it, resist the urge to have him wear it on the day he’s having photos done, worse case – bring a change of clothes. You’ll thank me later.
- Solids photograph best. Of course, throwing in some stripes, plaid, argyle is okay and I would encourage it. BUT, you also want to offset the patterns with solids. Neutrals always look good – on any skin tone and any season. Throw in some color and some texture and you’ve done a great job!
- I can’t stress this enough – coordinate, don’t be matchy matchy. Best to start off with one outfit and build off of that.
- For seniors, bring 2-4 outfits. One should be casual, one should be a little dressier, and the other outfits can be a mix of the two. Feel free to bring several pieces from your closet that go together and we can go through them to choose what looks best.
- One last thing – don’t forget accessories! Think about how your shoes, belt, and jewelry are going to help tie everything together.
Can you make the weather cooperate?
Unfortunately, I can’t control Mother Nature. However, if weather conditions are not favorable due to rain or high wind we will reschedule your session.
Is there a perfect time of day for my photos?
There is indeed! We photog’s call it the magic hour. The 1-2 hours before the sun sets is the best time to shoot. You get the most amazing warm, glowing light during this time.
How long will the session take?
You can expect to be on location with me for 1-2 hours (unless of course you have booked a wedding!).
What if I need to reschedule?
No problem! I am a mother of 2 kids myself. I know that life can get crazy and that sickness might creep up on you. Please try to contact me at least 24 hours in advance in the event that you need to reschedule. We will find a time for you!
Can you make me look younger? (Do you retouch your images?)
Don’t you sometimes wish that you could wake up and just Photoshop your wrinkles away? HA. I will do minor retouches to cover blemishes or scars. However, I believe that we are all beautiful and like to keep my images as natural as possible.
Do I need to sign a contract?
Yes, I do request that all clients sign a contract with Nicole Marie Portraits.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes please. In order to secure your session date I do require a retainer. This is a non-refundable fee.
How long will it take before I can see my images?
I know that you are anxious to see your images. Galleries will be ready for viewing within 2-3 weeks for portrait sessions and 4-6 weeks for weddings. You will get a little sneak peak of your session within 4 days.
You took so many pictures! Do I get them all?
You will hear my camera clicking a lot! I take a lot of images in order to capture that perfect moment. No, you won’t get every image that I take. I will choose the best of the best and those images will be edited and delivered to you.
Can I bring my friend along?
Sure! I encourage doing anything that helps to make you feel more comfortable and relaxed during our session. I may even put your friend to work during our session 😉 – getting other people involved always makes for a fun atmosphere.
What type of payments do you accept?
Currently I accept cash, checks, and credit cards. All checks must be cleared before the delivery of the images.